Hit the play button..and enjoy my hear-me-outs !

Missy Higgins - Warm Whispers

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Gravity

Music has, and always will relate to my life. Happy or sad. I could always count on music to celebrate me, or heal me for that matter. But there's also that possibility of feeling melancholy when I hear certain songs. Especially break-up songs or songs that remind me of someone special who has been in and out of my life.

There are times, a certain song and lyrics can hit a bulls-eye; relating to exact moments or someone in my life.

Today, that song is Sarah Bareilles' Gravity. http://youtu.be/rEXhAMtbaec

Sara Bareilles - Gravity
Something always brings me back to you.
It never takes too long.
No matter what I say or do I'll still feel you here 'til the moment I'm gone.

You hold me without touch.
You keep me without chains.
I never wanted anything so much than to drown in your love and not feel your reign.

[CHORUS:]
Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me and all over me.

You loved me 'cause I'm fragile.
When I thought that I was strong.
But you touch me for a little while and all my fragile strength is gone.

[CHORUS]
I live here on my knees as I try to make you see that you're everything I think I need here on the ground.
But you're neither friend nor foe though I can't seem to let you go.
The one thing that I still know is that you're keeping me down.
You're keeping me down, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
You're on to me, on to me, and all over...
Something always brings me back to you.
It never takes too long.



I've always thought that her piano work in that song is superb. The piano work could really hit you to the core. Never got deep into the lyrics though...until today. It brought tears to my eyes because the words describe what I went through (truthfully, I'm still dealing with it) with a special person in my life.

They say that time heals all wounds. Believe me, it's crap. If it's true, why oh why after 5 years, there are times I find myself thinking of him and crying as a result. This is one of the things that puzzled me. I thought I had let it go. But it seems like the wound is still very much fresh. Would it ever heal? Would I be able to love this much? I guess I still need to depend on time, even if it has failed me, over and over again.








2 comments:

Lin said...

aduh sayu nye lagu ni....

sedih bila hati ingat org yg jauh kan :)

Lin said...

sayu nye lagu niiii