Hit the play button..and enjoy my hear-me-outs !

Missy Higgins - Warm Whispers

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's time for an adult talk

What is it with us? We can't seem to be satisfied with what we have. When things are in a tip-top condition (or less so), we seek for more. Greedy is the word. Sometimes I find myself in that position, and more often than not, I felt guilty at the end of the day. Guilt is good, in the sense that it saves us from doing unimaginable things and warns us that we need to take a moment to reflect the damage that would be/was done.

Sept 16 has arrived. New government for Malaysia? How prepared are we for that? A change is good. But the effect of change is totally unpredictable. Are we aware that this is not just something that we can try on as if you are buying clothes. This, as a matter of fact, is the future of Malaysia. We are putting Malaysia's life on the line. Remember, prying eyes are always there observing Malaysia. They are waiting for the time when we crumble. Already, issues here and there have made us vulnerable. And they have been intervening.

To some, I observe that the want to change the Malaysian Government have become a personal issue, not the 'people of Malaysia' issue. This is what I'm most worried about. Could we let these people take charge? Are they fully committed to rule the country? Or are they in the game just to win it? to prove that the present government is wrong? that they would do anything to bring the present government down?

The way I reflect is to always think of what our ancestors have gone through in the process of achieving independence. Even though I was not there to witness it all, I learnt the history. That it was not easy. That they had to suffer. That lives were lost. All these for the life I'm living now? I'm sure thankful to those who've contributed in every way they could. Whenever I see other under-privilege countries I always think to myself 'thank God that's not Malaysia.' It could have been if not for the government that we have now. It could have been if not for the people who made the Malaysia we have now possible. So please, try to do anything to make it easy. not make it hard for Malaysia. It already is hard with the present world and local issues.

I guess being overseas for quite some time made me appreciate more the land I was born in. Before, I could not feel the worry I'm feeling now. Before, I could not care less the going ons of Malaysia's political scene. I was just a bystander. Now, it matters.

This is not a post to say who's side I'm on. Because frankly, both sides are doing dirty, dirty politics. The members of my family have mixed/different reviews. Lucky, we are smart enough to not bring it to the dinner table. And even when it did slip out, there's always someone who backs off. Politics are not meant for the family's dinner table, especially when all have different says.

From here onwards, could it be any worse or any better ?? I guess I'll be finding that answer in a few years time.

No comments: