Hit the play button..and enjoy my hear-me-outs !

Missy Higgins - Warm Whispers

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hi world

If someone asks me, “What would be my ultimate dream?” I would say, “To be a writer and write a best-selling book.” To be precise, “To be a writer and write a best-selling autobiography.” Okay, let’s be honest. I have to say that I would blurt this out not just to anyone. Only to those that I think can take it all in, well… in a positive way. Truth be told, my parents would not find this kind of response from me. Why? This is simply because I was not moulded to be a writer. I was not officially thought to release high level writing skills. And as an undergraduate, I was not enrolled in Journalism nor English Literature. Instead, what was written in front of countless examination booklets that I had gone through was “Bachelor of Telecommunications Engineering.” So I have an Honours degree (a so-so Honours degree, I should add) in Telecommunications Engineering from the University of Adelaide, Australia. But to enjoy what you love most, you got to have passion for it. And my passion is writing. I have always had flair in writing. Not that I am bragging, but this is really true. When I write, I enjoy bringing out the best of my writing skill and hence, a brilliant piece of writing. It’s also the way I feel when I put my thoughts and feelings into words. It’s like the release of a bird from its cage, flying free and high in the sky. No matter how cliché or cheesy that sounds, that is the way I would describe it. And man, I love to make the reader feel that my piece was worth the reading.


On reviewing an Essay test in Sunway College Australian Matriculation, my English as a Second Language (ESL) lecturer, Jay Menon, once announced to the whole class, “Her work could easily come out as a magazine article.” I took that as a compliment, and somewhere in my thoughts, there was a hinge of intension to make that happen. But where do I start? Where do I find the right exposure? I used to keep asking myself these questions. Well, I finally found the answer. I have to start somewhere. No matter how, I have to start somewhere. Be it free articles by Haslina Kamaruzzaman, I have to start somewhere…


And so, this blog is the answer. The irony of it is, hmmm…I was not inured to the idea of exposing myself. What I mean is, blogging will not make my life privy anymore. But to heck with it lah! I realize that, as a writer/blogger, you write what you know, what you feel, what you experience. Somewhere along that, people eventually know who you really are and your every move. Oh well. It’s a risk I’m willing to take (after much thinking!). As long as they don’t touch the $$$ in my bank account, I’m happy enough! Besides, my blog getting rocketing hits?? AS IF!


With that, I declare that I am finally a blogger. Yay to me. "Yay!" or the Malay way, "Yeyay!"

5 comments:

thecuriousmind said...

you should have started blogging earlier if you love writing =P

fa said...

Welcome to the world of blogging and writing silly stuff, hehe.

TheGr8Unknown said...

you are definitely right, mamau. i should have. as mentioned in this post, i was not 100% prepared to put myself out there in the public eye (haha, facebook is one thing, but writing about my daily life is just too personal). well, it's something i've overcome recently. the 'want' to write just kept coming and voila! u r reading one of my post! :)

TheGr8Unknown said...

thanks kak faraz. you inspired me...in writing silly stuff. hahahaha

Anonymous said...

hey i never knew u have a blog!!well, u've been bookmarked by me. looking forward for your future entries..