Hit the play button..and enjoy my hear-me-outs !

Missy Higgins - Warm Whispers

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Whites hit Yellows on Greens

I don't know how I got sooo involved in tennis. It's certainly an addiction and this addiction goes all year round! Tennis Grand Slams and tournaments go on and on, one after another. I've always followed the tennis schedule. Try asking me what goes on this week. I'll most definitely answer it correctly, especially now...it's Wimbledon time, people!! ahhh...Wimbledon...the Third Grand Slam of the year. The only time where all players wear white, in contrast with the green grass surface. The only tournament where players have the middle Sunday off. hmmm, what else about Wimbledon, emmm...the fact that players enter and exit the court together regardless of who wins or loses. That's what I know about Wimbledon (and no, I did not plagiarise these infos from Wikipedia. All these came straight from the top of my head, ohkay!).

This time, I'm gonna go all out for Roger Federer in the Men's Singles (Surprise! Surprise!). Good old Rog hasn't won any Grand Slams this year. There was a time when there was no one else in Great Tennis Wonderland, except for Mr FedEx himself. That time, much to your surprise, I was always supporting his opponents. He's a real good player, no doubt. Some said, he is the best player of all time, beating the likes of Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi, and Bjorn Borg. But in that period (around 1 to 2 years ago), I got so sick of him winning every majors and minors, that I would purposely support Roger's opponent, no matter who. Even the commentaries have gone cuckoo and biased to the Great Roger Federer. No offense to dear Mr Federer, but I'm a tennis fan and in my opinion, there's nothing better than a long, hard-fought match between two players. Roger, in his land of 'you-can't-beat-me', have always managed to minimize the duration of matches - "Look, I have to go somewhere, let's finish this match in 2 sets (3 sets if it was a Slam). Capish?" Unfortunately, I don't like it. I want them to stretch the match into 4 or 5 sets. That would bring out some quality tennis by both sides. Oh well, that was then...

Now, I want Roger Federer to win Wimbledon 2008, and I don't mind if he thrashes his opponent in only 3 sets! Did you watch his loss to Nadal at the recent French Open 2008 Final?? Oh man, he managed to win ONLY 4 games for the entire finals match! and 0-6 in the last set? I mean, how saaad is that? Deemed to be the worst loss in a finals of a Grand Slam since God knows when, Mr Fed bowed out to let Nadal, the King of Clay, bite his 4th Roland Garros Trophy in 4 consecutive years. Poor Roger. That moment, the World No. 1 Roger Federer was not so Great anymore. I wonder what curse has fall upon Federer by the Frenchies. The French Open is the only Slam he hasn't won. Rumour has it that the unstoppable Nadal machine is getting in Roger's way. Next year maybe, Roger? ;) I'll back you. I promise.

Wait, I haven't revealed the reason I'm backing Roger this time. Want to know why? It is sorely out of pity-ness. Come on! He's getting old (yes, 27 is old for a tennis pro). And he hasn't won any titles this year (that small title doesn't count). I wanna see him back in his mode.

Oh crap..right at this moment, my little sister, Ira is right by my side, and has yelled out something to Mummy. I quote her, "Mummy! Kak Lina ni keje die tennis je!" Never mind. I vow to finish this post, no matter what..

Continuing on the subject of Roger Federer, yep, I wanna see him back in his thrashing-mode. Now that he's been down too long, I seriously hope he can make a comeback and win something this year. Currently, he's still ranked No. 1, but a victory is sweet when you are up against good contenders like Nadal and Djokovic. Plus, he has the game. We only have to wait for the time for him to execute it. I just watched his 1st Round match last night. With a form like that, he'll win his 6th Wimbledon title in a row. Unless....the unstoppable Nadal machine is switched on, or The Djoker strikes again. We'll wait and see...

Oh boy, I've written a long one. I was intending to write about my favourite player, Miss Smiley Ana Ivanovic in this post as well. Maybe I'll just whack up things about her next time...

P/S: My interview with Dell today went ok. I don't wanna say anything better. Just wait for the result, then only, I'm in the position to say "Oh, I went well!!". Also, Maxis's subsidiary company just called to offer me a Telecomm Engineer post. Of course, have to go for an interview first. I really wonder what happened to my other Maxis interview. Hmmm..one thing is for sure, things are coming my way. I must be doing something right!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there!! what a progress!!
i'm impressed..really!! hihi.. go on writing girl..i'm expecting more posts from u!

btw looks like ur extra effort on d job hunting has a fruitful outcome..u go girl!! keep on hunting for more!

muaxx!!

TheGr8Unknown said...

Oh Anis! Thank YOU for reading. It's my pleasure to blabber on and on. And it's an honour that you keep reading my posts!

XOXO