Hit the play button..and enjoy my hear-me-outs !

Missy Higgins - Warm Whispers

Monday, November 10, 2008

The Path of Thorns

It's less than a week to go. This Saturday, we will jet-set to the US for a 12-day break. I should be excited. I should be ready by now. But no. I haven't even pack a single thing. I haven't dig out my collection of winter clothing. I haven't bought the comfy shoes I intend to buy for this trip. I have not replenish my contact lenses supply. I have not transferred last year's Aussie trip videocam DVD into the computer... no, not ready with empty mini DVDs for the videocam. I haven't done much preparation, at all.

Things at home are still not as they normally are. Despite the makeover party hosted by my sis-in-law last weekend at PNB Darby Park Apartment, I haven't recovered from THE event of last week. The party did put my thoughts off for a while, what with the sauna-makeover-photoshoot-karaoke till 3 am. But as soon as it finishes, I was back to the gloomy phase that I am hating right this minute.

This is killing me. This is affecting me at work. I want to end this.

I need to talk to her. But it's not as easy as it sounds. We don't do 'talkings' when things are tense. The way our family works is to keep it inside...until time heals all pain.

I've been acting weirdly all week. No-one at home is asking why. Only Ira noticed last night by saying "Why are you so cranky nowadays?" Well, at least she noticed. and I love her for that.

No comments: